If you missed the 2021 SCID Compass Summit held in April, you can still take advantage of the information shared during the event, as presentations are now live on the SCID Compass website.
Presented as a virtual event, the SCID Compass Summit highlighted the current state of SCID in the U.S. and the work being done to support those who are navigating this rare condition.
Twenty-one presenters addressed approximately 100 participants, including caregivers, industry representatives, laboratory personnel, clinicians, and other SCID advocacy members. The SCID Compass Summit agenda covered the following topics:
- Introduction to SCID Compass
- COVID-19, Vaccines, Treatments, and SCID
- Coping with the Uncertainties of a SCID Diagnosis
- 10+ Years of SCID Screening in New York: Evolution of Primary and Secondary Molecular Screening
- Thinking About the Future: Navigating Family Planning with SCID
- SCID Variants and the Irish Family
- A Parent’s Journey with SCID
- Screening for Premature Infants
- Telehealth: Opportunities for Use with American Indian and Alaska Native SCID Families
- Spanish Language Introduction to IDF, SCID, and SCID Compass
SCID Compass is a program funded by the Health Resources Services Administration and operates under the umbrella of the Immune Deficiency Foundation.
To view all of the SCID Compass Summit presentations, click here.